|Central Louisiana - 1907|
The 1907 map above shows Catahoula Parish surrounded by the parishes of Caldwell and Franklin to the north, Tensas and Concordia to the east, Avoyelles to the south and Rapides and Winn to the west.
Following the failed proposal to annex a portion of Catahoula Parish to Caldwell Parish in 1904, the voters of Catahoula Parish would go to the polls to vote on further annexations in 1908.
In January of 1908, a proposal to create the parish of Beauregard from a portion of Catahoula Parish was put before the voters.
The Tensas Gazette of St. Joseph, Louisiana reported the following on January 17, 1908:
|Tensas Gazette - 1/17/1908|
From a January 31, 1908 article in The Rice Belt of Welsh, Louisiana:
|The Rice Belt - 1/31/1908|
The Southern Sentinnel of Winnfield, Louisiana reported the following on January 31, 1908:
|The Southern Sentinnel - 1/31/1908|
Thus ended the annexation and changing of the political boundaries in Catahoula Parish.
Earlier boundary changes (and attempted changes) since the creation of Catahoula Parish in 1804: