|North/Central Louisiana in 1848|
Catahoula Parish is shown surrounded by the parishes of Jackson, Caldwell and Franklin to the north, Tensas and Concordia to the east, Avoyelles and Rapides to the south and Natchitoches to the west.
In 1852 the parish of Winn was created from Catahoula, Natchitoches and Rapides parishes. The map below shows these boundary changes.
|Louisiana - 1852|