|Catahoula Parish in 1836|
In 1838 Caldwell Parish was created from the parishes of Catahoula and Ouachita. This was the third boundary change for Catahoula Parish since its creation in 1808.
The map below reflects this boundary change.
|Portions of Catahoula and Ouachita annexed to create Caldwell Parish in 1838|
A fourth boundary change occurred in 1843 when Franklin Parish was created from the parishes of Carroll, Catahoula, Madison and Ouachita and Tensas Parish was created from Concordia Parish.
Due to these political boundary changes, Catahoula Parish is now shown surrounded by Claiborne, Ouachita, Caldwell and Franklin to the north, Tensas and Concordia to the east, Avollyes to the south, and Rapides and Natchitoches to the west.
|Portions of Carroll, Catahoula, Madison and Ouachita parishes annexed to create Franklin Parish in 1843|