June 16, 2014

Military Monday - P. W. Berry


P. W. Berry

Born on July 2, 1925

Son of 
Walter Porter Berry and O. D. Lee

Brother to
Earline, Henry, Barbara and Hazel Berry

Died on November 8, 1956
Buried in the Harrisonburg Cemetery
Harrisonburg, Catahoula Parish, Louisiana

Private First Class
United States Army
45 Air Depot GP AAF
World War II

Purple Heart Recipient
Bronze Star Recipient

Enlisted on September 29, 1943
Honorably Discharged on January 1, 1946




Tombstone photograph taken by FindAGrave member, Eva Merryman.


1 comment:

  1. My mother was Margaret Lee, niece of Mrs. O.D. Lee, and her husband (my father) Robert H Willis, a WWII bomber pilot. Mr. Porter Berry Sr. and his family were great friends and supporters of my mother when she went to high school in Harrisonburg. I visited as a child when Mr. Porter Berry was lock master for the Ouachita River. I came across this researching my memoirs.

    ReplyDelete