Now known as the Chisum Place, the Green-Lovelace house was built between 1830 and 1840 by Gayoso Lemos Lovelace. The house is located off of Highway 15 north of Sicily Island in Catahoula Parish, Louisiana.
Gayoso was born on October 10, 1796 to the marriage of Thomas Lovelace and Barabara Smith. He was the grandson of John Lovelace and Anne Hughson.
On February 17, 1830, Gayoso married Eleanor Ann Harding in Claiborne County, Mississippi. By 1840, Gayoso and Eleanor were living in Catahoula Parish, Louisiana with two of their children.
Gayoso Lemos Lovelace died on January 7, 1846. Following the death of her husband, Eleanor married Henry Green.
The Green-Lovelace house was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1983.
Historic Significance: Architecture/Engineering
Architectural Style: Greek Revival
Area of Significance: Architecture
Period of Significance: 1825-1849
Historic Function: Domestic
Historic Sub-function: Single Dwelling
Current Function: Domestic
Current Sub-function: Single Dwelling