May 30, 2014

Follow Friday ~ Veterans' Voices

Each Friday I will begin featuring other blogs or websites that I follow.  Some featured blogs or websites will pertain to Catahoula Parish while others will be about surrounding areas within Louisiana or neighboring states.  Topics will vary but history will be my priority.  

My first 'Follow Friday' post features the blog, Veterans' Voices.  History told by those who made it.


Melinda Holloway on why she began Veterans' Voices and what she hopes to accomplish with her blog.
"This project was birthed because I believe each veteran has a story to tell — whether that person served in front line combat or in a stateside desk job. The contribution of every veteran in every position and rank made an impact to the cause. It is my desire to help tell these stories.
I publish interviews on this site from veterans from all conflicts, but interviews with World War II veterans will take priority. Even the youngest veterans of this war are in their late eighties and early nineties and will not be with us for many more years.
Each of these interviews needs to be published so that others may glean not only information, but solidify their patriotism for our country and realize the cost of the freedoms we enjoy, as well as gain more respect for veterans and the sacrifices that have been made in service to our country."
I hope you will take the time to visit Veterans' Voices.  Melinda's interviews with our Veterans are interesting and very informative.


No comments:

Post a Comment