|Children's Day - Pine Hill Methodist Episcopal Church, South|
The church name was Pine Hill Methodist Episcopal Church, South but it was known as the Pine Hill Methodist Church.
The above photograph was taken in front of the old church building which no longer stands. Below is a photograph of the site where the church building once stood.
Church records show that on November 26, 1858, John Henry Lovelace, son of Louisa Holstein and Richard Ludwick Lovelace, donated four acres of land for a church to be built in the Pine Hill area.
The four acres also included the cemetery across the street known as the Old Pine Hill Cemetery.
John Henry Lovelace is buried in this cemetery.
|Old Pine Hill Cemetery|
The church building was completed circa 1860 and continued to be used through at least 1934 per the newspaper obituary of Thomas Jefferson Chisum's funeral which states that his funeral services were held at Pine Hill Church on December 5, 1934.
|Minutes from the LA Methodist Episcopal Church South - 1907|
Reverend McClendon was married to Henrietta "Hettie" A. Green who was the daughter of Reverend Thomas Louis Green and Tabitha Randle Ledbetter.
Reverend and Mrs. McClendon are buried in the Old Pine Hill Cemetery.
|Rev. Thomas H. McClendon|
|Henrietta "Hettie" Green McClendon|