June 9, 2013

Amanuensis Monday ~ The Stories That Should Be Told, Part 1


The following transcription is the first from a series of recordings my father made in the early 1990s:
I've been meaning to do this for a long time.  I used to say I was going to write it all down but it didn't look like I'd get around to it.  I think I'll start making these tapes and telling some Island stories.  Stories about Sicily Island; the little village and the surrounding country.  
These are some stories that should be told so they won't ever be forgotten.  Stories about the local people and things that happened.  A lot of these things, I was a witness to..a part of...was here.
Some of the stores will be things I've heard.  Things that happened in past years before I was born.  They just need to be recorded and I'm going to start doing this.
As time goes on, I'm going to have a little library of these tapes so that people can go back and listen to them.
There might be some information on a few of them that somebody would like to have in the years to come.

I'll start off by telling you that my name is Bruce A. Edmonds.  Today's date is September 1, 1991.  I was sixty-four years old on June the 3rd of 1991. 


No comments:

Post a Comment