May 18, 2013

Sentimental Sunday ~ Tell Me The Stories Of Jesus




"Tell Me The Stories Of Jesus" was one of many songs found in The Cokesbury Worship Hymnal we sang from in the First United Methodist Church in Sicily Island.

It was also one of the first hymns our Methodist Youth Fellowship (M.Y.F.) group learned under the direction of Mrs. Thelia Marie Huff Krause





Mrs. Thelia had the patience of Job!  The way she managed to keep a rambunctious bunch of kids still long enough to learn their songs was nothing short of a miracle.

As the mother of one of my best friends, Mrs Thelia played a big part in my childhood and remained a part of my life for many years. 

I catch myself singing this old hymn from time to time.  Each time I do, I think of Mrs. Thelia and the memories I have of her and her family.

Mrs. Thelia passed from this life on September 26, 2002 and is buried alongside her husband, Albert Earl Krause, in the Highland Park Cemetery in Sicily Island, Catahoula Parish, Louisiana.

Courtesy of Karen Klemm Pinckard at FindAGrave.com










 
The following children were born to the marriage of Thelia Marie Huff and Albert Earl Krause, Sr.:
Linda Lou (m. Lynn Evans)
Albert Earl, Jr. (m. Mary Kate Nolen)
Peggy (m. Joe Bondurant)
Henry Roy "Rook" (m. Marguerita Carter)
Walter Markham "Pot" (m. Gloria Jean Johnson)
Mary Elizabeth (m. Ronnie Bruit)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Deborah for remembering Mama in such a way. You were always special to her. Fun times!!!

    ReplyDelete